Opening Salvo: MGMT Week
Mr. Harold Zo: Don’t forget about us! With all this postmodernist hoopla about revelations and oneness and singularity and whatnot, let’s not forget the cleansing spiritual power of some good old rock and roll.
Quivver: Let’s keep this one short, eh, Harold? Just tell the people what they want to hear. See the picture up there? They already know that it’s MGMT week. What they want now is sex. Sex and fireworks. Light up the night, Harry!
Mr. Harold Zo: As my bandmate says, this blog is ours again. Alexius and the editor are away, so the rockers will play. And we will be playing with a fixture of the contemporary rock scene, MGMT.
Quake: Are you guys done in there yet? I need the studio. I found a sick drum break that you guys are going to love.
Mr. Harold Zo: Everyone is so excitable today! Let me lay out the schedule.
- Monday: Discussion of the critical noise around their new single “Alien Days.”
- Tuesday: A short review of the song.
- Wednesday: A review of Oracular Spectacular
- Thursday: Some microfiction written in response to the song “Siberian Breaks”
- Friday: A review of Congratulations
Saturday: A reflection on the critical reception of Congratulations and maybe a word or two on the place of psychedelia in contemporary music.